· Business Daily-Back Page an article with the title-“Consumers destroy forest”. Mr. Andrew Mitchell says that every-day purchases are driving the destruction of rainforests.
· Kenya Times-Page 6 an article with the title-“Presidential ban in tree species trading may be extended”. Forestry and Wildlife Assistant Minister informed parliament yesterday that govt will certainly extend the ban in trade of Sandalwood as the tree species is under threat.
· The People- Page 4 an article with the title-“Why Sandalwood cannot be farmed”
· Page 12 –The People’s Environment page an article with the title-“Tree Biotechnology to save the Mau”
· Back page-an article with the title-Reap from carbon trade, Kibaki advises Africans”.
· Daily Nation –Page 11an article with the title-“Credit us for our trees, says Kibaki”. President Kibaki wants forests included in carbon trade for Africa to benefit.
· The Star –Page 8 an article with the title-“Kenya is losing billions in global carbon trade –Kibaki’’. The president said that Kenya is losing billions every year because local forests are not included in the global carbon trade. Another article with the title- “Pan Paper Mill set to reopen”.
· Page 15- an article with the title-“Pan Paper bailout may destroy KFS”. Michael Gachanja, the Deputy Director of the East African Wildlife Society has written a commentary explaining his reason how the reopening of Pan Paper could destroy a young Kenya Forest Service.
· The Society Page – an article with the title-“WALK OF LOVE-JOURNEY FOR THOSE STILL WAITING FOR CURE.” On Saturday 390 people gathered in the Ngong Road Forest for charity walk to celebrate and express love towards children with disabilities.
· EA Standard –Page 7 an article with the title –“Kibaki calls for political will on climate change”
· Page 28, Panorama page- An article with the title-“Alarm over disappearing mangrove forests”. Another article with the title-“New prize to fete conservationists”. Green Africa foundation has launched a prize to recognize individuals and organizations for exemplary efforts in natural resource management.